Seek Legal Help for Domestic Violence and Divorce, QLD
Here at Resolute Legal, we commit ourselves to providing world class legal assistance to individuals who need protection against harm. Domestic violence is any behaviour that is violent, threatening or controlling to you and your family. If you are a victim of domestic abuse or are seeking information on how to file for divorce, contact us today to speak to a family lawyer.
What is Domestic Abuse?
Domestic violence can arise in a range of relationships and is not limited to spousal relationships. Past or current relationships, relationships involving people with a disability and even relationships with guardians can be abusive. Domestic violence is not always physical, it can take the form of psychological abuse and controlling behaviour, such as restricting finances.
How Can Family Lawyers Help?
If you or your loved ones are victims of domestic abuse, it is important that you call a trusted lawyer, such as Resolute Legal, to speak to family lawyers who can give you the legal help you need.
Our lawyers will help you to:
- Apply for a domestic violence protection order
- Alter the terms of an existing domestic violence protection order
- Defend you if you have a domestic violence protection order against you
- Build a case and represent you in court if necessary
Filing for Divorce in Queensland
A family lawyer can help you file for divorce if:
- You prove that you are legally married by providing a marriage certificate. If you cannot locate your marriage certificate, your lawyer can help.
- Prove that you have been separated for at least 12 months before you apply for the divorce.
- Demonstrate that sufficient arrangements have been made for the care of any children involved.
In Queensland, the Federal District Court of Australia decides on divorce cases filed with them. If you and your spouse have common property or if there are children involved, you should contact a divorce lawyer who can help you through the process of family law mediation. You must be able to demonstrate that your marriage has irreversibly broken down. Queensland courts are particular about appropriate care arrangements for children and failure to do so properly may lengthen the divorce process.
Family Law Mediation & Divorce Lawyer Services in QLD
If you are living in an abusive relationship with a spouse, parent or caregiver, or you are thinking about filing for divorce, contact Resolute Legal today to speak to our team of family lawyers. We have the experience and skill to provide you with effective legal advice.